Saturday, July 24, 2010

tub-o-spice tofu.


so, upon recommendation of my mother to mix my super spicy korean spicy paste with something to make it edible... i did!
tofu!
better yet, i mixed it with thing that will help have it not set your mouth ablaze.
please, hold your applause til the end.
super spicy kathrine tofu. or at least i attempted to make it not be super spicy kathrine tofu.
i got an excellent crust brown on my tofu. i pressed it (as per brother) and cut it into cubes. i let it sit in a medium pan for 45 minutes, constantly tossing.
(i pulled some pieces aside for a tofu parm -- later this week, darlings.)
once my pieces were good n' brown, i added my super-hopefully-not-so-spicy mix. i added maybe a tablespoon of super hot korean chili paste, half a tablespoon of garlic, two tablespoons of soy sauce, ginger, a tablespoon of tomato paste, & two tablespoons of light brown sugar.
i dumped my potentially-not-hot-sauce over my tofu, and as soon as it started to cook down, i poured in about a half a cup of ff vegetable broth.
tofu looks tasty, is sweet and garlicky, but has that super hot chili paste kick at the end.
not for the weak of heart.
enjoy!
...just not too much at once.

No comments:

Post a Comment