Friday, April 2, 2010

date night dinner!

i was super excited for this dinner!
oh sister, you're spoiled!

i started by throwing a bit of olive oil, chopped garlic, and the juice of half a lemon in a hot pan. i tossed in the piece of tilapia, and as the tilapia cooked, i added the juice of the other half of the lemon and dill. (dill... one of my faves!) i use the chopped up herb paste in the tubes (it's cheating, i know, but it's easy and the herbs don't spoil. they're a miracle!) i will say, i cooked this piece of tilapia perfectly!
woot!
as for the side, i suppose you could call it at tapenade?
who knows!
i cook down some sweet onions, (the more the better, in my opinion!) add diced tomatoes, chopped up kalamatas, and a roasted red pepper. or two. i cook the onions until they start to brown, add the peppers, and then add the tomatoes. i like to cook that mixture on super high, in order to cook out most of the moisture. once the mixture has cooked down, and finally i add the olives.
oh god, i love kalamata olives.
together, the fish and the tapenade work perfectly. the richness of the cooked down vegetables and the light taste of the fish compliment each other so well.
i will say, i was looking forward to this dinner all week, and it was so worth it.
easy and delicious!

just like your mom!

1 comment:

  1. wow, that looks really good. I've never made tilapia (probably because we had a small one in our fish tank growing up) but also cause I have no idea what to do with it! I think I might try this (the olives won me over, I would only eat kalamata olives and feta cheese if I could)
    I'm glad you mentioned something about those herb paste things, I've always wondered about those and considered buying some pasty cilantro since I always end up throwing away so much after I make guacamole (perhaps you have some good cilantro recipes???) I'm actually starting to grow my own, but we shall see how that works out.
    Awesome blog, keep it up ( absolutely love the name by the way!!!) <3

    ReplyDelete