Sunday, March 7, 2010

oh, the places you'll go!


believe me, i truly am a fat kid at heart. i love food. all kinds of food. especially the super-delicious bad for you kind. lately i've found that i, for the most part, was just eating food and not always enjoying it. so i decided to do something for myself, my palate, and my body.
i'm detoxing, bitches!
so here i am, in week 4 of Joel Fuhrman's, Eat to Live. in brief, Eat to Live outlines ways to keep your body healthy and getting all the nutrients it needs by being a herbivore & eating natural foods (ie: fruits, veggies, beans, and lots of them!) you start on the brontosaurus diet for six weeks (which is very similar to a vegan diet, but allowing yourself only one serving of whole grains a day) before you start incorporating fat-free dairy and small portions of meat.
now, aside from having your body practically melt fat away, Fuhrman says that if you obey his every eating command, your body will naturally start working out health ailments, and will reduce your risk of cancers, diseases, and ailments.
sign me up!
after my first week, i already noticed how my change in diet helped me to sleep better & keep my skin clearer than a crystal ball. i've been consistently losing three to four pounds each week, i feel better, and there is no doubt that my body is operating better.
i absolutely love that i'm eating foods that i'd usually dismiss, because i'd rather be eating fats, sweets, meats, grains, sugar, booze... anything but fruits and vegetables! so, here i am, cooking with produce i've never used before, enjoying fruits i never would've tried, and actually.... *gasp* liking it!
don't get me wrong, any day of the week i'm ready to smack somebody for a steak.

but here i am, i'm retraining myself to enjoy food, and enjoy food in it's simplicity.
(and i like it!)

2 comments:

  1. I saw the author of this book interviewed on the Colbert Report and it looks very interesting. Good job, can't wait to taste your cooking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Job!!!! Looking forward to your next entry.

    ReplyDelete